Expert Slip Resistance Research and Witness Evidence
Safe Environments is actively involved in slip resistance research presenting at the International Ergonomics Society, Slips Trips and Falls Group and contributes to Australian Standards Committee BD-094 Slip Resistance of Flooring Surfaces and the UK Slip Resistance Group. Our team also performs regular onsite slip testing and slip accident investigations, public liability risk assessments and we provide expert witness evidence in slip and fall accidents.
Slip Resistance Testing & Consulting
The specialists at Safe Environments provide independent NATA accredited floor slip test services to assess the risk of slip and fall accidents. These testing and consulting services include:
- Slip resistance testing of pedestrian floor surfaces to Australian and International Standards
- Certification to the National Construction Codes (Building Code of Australia), Australian Standards and Disability Access
- Sustainable and accelerated wear slip resistance testing
- Design checks providing performance specifications
- Documentation of proposed surfaces including tenders
- Verification slip resistance testing and documentation for handover
- Assessment of cleaning efficacy
- Evaluate surface treatments and rectification including cost benefit analysis
- Project management of remedial work
- Our floor slip check laboratory and onsite slip resistance testing services include comprehensive analyses and can be complemented with subject based ramp slip testing:
- Slip resistance testing using the Pendulum and Tortus to AS/NZS 4586 & 4663
- Inclining platform ramp tests – oil wet ramp test and barefoot ramp test
- Accelerated wear slip resistance testing to assess sustainable slip resistance
- Luminance reflectance and contrast testing to AS 1428 of floor surfaces and tactile ground surface indicator (TGSI)
- Colour and gloss measurements
- Surface roughness analysisElectronic inclinometer
Accreditation with the National Association of Testing Authorities
Safe Environments works hard to provide the highest level of accuracy and reliability for our clients across Australia and to provide professional evidence of compliance with building regulations and codes. The Safe Environments site in Sydney is a Registered Testing Authority as per the National Construction Codes (NCC) and are NATA accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. This accreditation includes dry and wet slip resistance testing to AS/NZS 4663 Slip resistance measurement of existing pedestrian surfaces, AS/NZS 4586 Slip resistance classification of new pedestrian surface materials and BS 7976 Part 3 Pendulum Testers Method of calibration. Whether we’re providing slip resistance testing or advice and support for your organisation, you can be confident in our recognised experience and expertise.
Safe Environments provides services across Australia including Sydney and Melbourne. For additional advice on slip resistance testing and to arrange a consultation, contact our team.