Retirement Village Safety Inspections
Annual Safety Inspections for Retirement Villages
The NSW Retirement Villages Regulation 2009 requires that all retirement villages & homes conduct annual safety inspections. As well as general property safety, some important safety factors for retirement villages include:
- Emergency egress procedures
- Provision of smoke alarms
- Security screens and key operated locks
- Safe and equitable access including people with mobility and vision impairment
- Emergency assistance system for village residents such as bracelets or distress buttons
A copy of the annual safety inspection report is required to be placed on the notice board for 1 calendar month to comply with the NSW Retirement Villages Regulation 2009.
Safe Environments provide independent Annual Safety Inspections for both small and large retirement villages & homes to assist in complying with the NSW Retirement Villages Regulation 2009.